- Recall and Implement steps from process accountabilityguide
- Have Fun: This is a safe space where you should work on building communication and openness
- Listen without judgement / practice empathy
- Speak without criticism, defensiveness, stonewalling, or contempt
- Support Response vs Shift Response: when listening, focus on responding in ways that show understanding and that support further conversation about them/it. Avoid shifting the conversation in which their story slowly becomes about similar things that you went through and now the focus has shifted to you.
- Have the courage to be vulnerable: vulnerability brings truth and truth brings freedom.
55% body language/facial expressions
38% Tone of Voice